Game Day Goodness
Looking for simple ways to upgrade your spread for the big game? Mostly Nuts is here for you with decadently delicious healthy choices! Read on for a few ideas for scoring big with bold flavors, satisfying textures, and little effort...
Easiest - Include a small bowl or two of your favorite Mostly Nuts blends at your table for munching, these make a great addition to a charcuterie board!
- - - - -
Easy Upgrade Buffalo Chicken Dip - Take this delicious classic to a whole new level with a sprinkling of Buffalo Style Tangy Heat Mostly Nuts - a favorite in my house ANY day! Here's my recipe:
What you need:
8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup hot sauce (I recommend Frank's Red Hot)
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (or ranch, if preferred)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
1 cup shredded cheese (Colby-jack, mild cheddar, mozzarella, etc)
1/2-3/4 cup Buffalo Style Tangy Heat Mostly Nuts
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8x8 glass baking dish or 2qt casserole, mix together the first 4 ingredients until well combined (may be a little lumpy, that's ok).
- Add the chicken and shredded cheese, and gently mix until evenly incorporated.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until warmed through.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle Buffalo Style Tangy Heat Mostly Nuts evenly over the top. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, with veggie dippers (celery, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, cucumber) and tortilla chips, and enjoy!
- Make ahead - up to 1 day before, follow recipe steps 2-3, cover and refrigerate. On game day - preheat oven, and follow steps 4-6.
- Variation - reserve 1/2 of the shredded cheese, and sprinkle evenly over dip right before adding Mostly Nuts (step 5).
- - - - -
Mostly Nuts Mind Blowing Buffalo Chicken Nuggets/Tenders - A simple substitution makes these "breaded" bites memorable enough to make again and again!
What you need:
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1/2-3/4" thick pieces (or whole tenderloins), patted dry with a paper towel
- 1-2 eggs, beaten (try one, add another if needed)
- 1 cup Buffalo Style Tangy Heat Mostly Nuts, pulsed in blender or food processer until it reaches a course crumb texture
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond flour (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place beaten egg and processed Mostly Nuts (with almond flour mixed in, if using) in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip a piece of chicken into the beaten egg completely coating, then into the Mostly Nuts as if breading cutlets. Repeat if desired, for desired coverage. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Continue this process with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through* (center is no longer pink/translucent), turning over halfway through. *safe internal temp for chicken = 165 degrees F
- Serve with celery sticks and your favorite hot sauce & blue cheese dressing (or ranch, if preferred) for dipping!
- use the optional 1/4-1/2 cup almond flour as a little filler to extend your Mostly Nuts
- Make ahead - 1-2 days beforehand: complete the recipe through step 4, cool, refrigerate in an airtight container. Game day: preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and reheat on parchment lined baking sheet until warmed through.
- Try this recipe with other Mostly Nuts flavors: Simply Bare, Savory Garlic Herb & Spice, and A Little Bit of Everything are all great choices.
I firmly believe food can be fabulous without the adding stress to your life. Hope these helped you up your game, and I'd love to hear what you tried...!